Friday, June 6, 2008

Chinese Course - anyone to BNU at feb 2008? - Page 2 - From Beijing Chinese School.com > Studying, Working and Living in China > Universities and Schools > Studying

Chinese in Beijing
anyone to BNU at feb 2008?
Home New Posts

Login:    Pass:   Log in or register for standard view and full access.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

gaikokujin -

Great feedback, thanks a lot.

In addition, can you take some other courses that have nothing to deal with chinese in BNU? I am
thinking of continuing japanese at that time.

Cheers,
gaikokujin

Pleco Software Learn Chinese with our Dictionaries for Palm and Pocket PC.
Learn Chinese in China Learn to speak Chinese 1MonthChinese.com -Mandarin School in China.
Chinese Textbooks Wide range, cheap, varied languages. Also Chinese cartoons, toys, gifts.
Study Chinese in Beijing Affordable Mandarin language courses at BLCU with ChinaUnipath.com.
HNHSoft Dictionary Learn Chinese on Smartphone and PDA with real person's voice.
XueXueXue IQChinese Get beyond the plateau.Take your Mandarin to a new level.
Chinese in Lijiang Short term Chinese study in a beautiful town with a focus on daily life.
MandarinTube Chinese Access to current everyday Chinese language and culture, 24/7.
Learn Chinese Homestay Chinese course, cultural activities & volunteer events in China.
Learn Chinese Online 1-on-1 instant tutoring, diverse courses, native teachers. FREE trial now!
Nihao Chinese Progam Free one-on-one Chinese lesson. Win 5-years of free lessons now!

About Ads (and how to hide them) -- Your message here

gaikokujin -

I presume the course I should take is "Language Students and General Advanced Studies Students "
http://www.bnulxsh.com/newapplication/Tuition-en.htm

Is there anyone else who took a different one please?

Jamoldo -

I'm sure taking Japanese should be no problem, but I'm the wrong person to ask. Best to probably
ask the Foreign Students Office, or better yet find out from a local student/your teacher who to
get in touch with...

And yes you should apply as a Language Student.

orangutan -

I think you should be aware that you have to work your arse off to keep up with the classes at
BNU. You will have a reading and writing class (learn about 60 words a week), speaking (45 words a
week), listening (25 words), and newspaper reading (30 words). And that's just the words in the
new word lists in the text book. On top of that, you will probably have to look up lots of other
words to understand the texts we study - plus you will have homework to do for reading and writing
class and newspaper reading. I would be surprised if you have much time for Japanese as well. Even
the Koreans in my class aren't really keeping up with it all any more. It's a great place to
improve your reading and writing very quickly!

gaikokujin -

Great feedback Orangutan, thanks a lot.

May I ask you which level you are referring to in your description please?
It looks very serious and demanding, which is what I am expecting.
Concerning the Japanese, I just wanted to see my options, having just regular chat with the mates
are another option as well.

Cheers,
Gaikokujin

orangutan -

I am in 102 but I think you will find 201 has the same subjects and workload. I would have thought
you would be in one of these two levels if you've reached HSK level 3. I'm sure the workload at
the other levels is heavy too, although the exact subjects they study may be different (100 and
101 don't have newspaper reading, for example).

Jamoldo -

I'm in 201 now and getting my butt kicked since I skipped 102. I hear they are very similar but
sitting in a 102 class, there's quite a bit difference between the levels of the students.

extrapages -

HAHAHA! I can't be TOO sure... BUT I think I passed the finals and got into 101.
I could be wrong though. I should really get to campus and check. HAHAH!
Next semester is SO going to kick my ass. I'm so excited... I think I might pee my pants.

cliveloughlin -

hi there

anyone know of any cheap hotels that host foreigners near to beishida? i have a friend coming in a
few weeks and want to find him a place close to me...(no space in my shed, the sofa's occupied
with books and dirty clothes)....

cheers
clive

roddy -

Yes, but I can't remember the name. Come out of the west gate, and walk south, crossing under the
big rainbow thing and it's on your left. It's one of those cheap and cheerful chain places, but I
think it's got good reports on here. If you come past Jindian Huayuan you've gone too far, or its
closed, or I've imagined it.

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Learn Chinese, Chinese Course, Learn mandarin, Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, Beijing 2008 Olympics, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing

No comments: